As an Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Sales. Read Full Disclosure Here
Are you considering a floating patio over tree roots or for your backyard oasis? You are in the right article. Building a floating deck over tree roots has become popular in recent years due to its aesthetic appeal and practicality.
Even though a floating patio may seem like a dream come true, if you don’t construct it properly, it could lead to problems in the future. This article will give you a comprehensive understanding of what a floating patio is and how to make a floating patio over tree roots.
If you read this article thoroughly, I guarantee you’ll clearly understand building a floating patio over tree roots that is aesthetically pleasing and structurally sound. But let’s first understand the advantage of creating a floating deck on tree roots.
What is a floating patio? A floating deck is an outdoor structure that is built above the ground. You don’t need to attach it to any permanent form. It looks like it “floats” above the ground and provides an outdoor relaxation and entertainment space.
Can You Build A Floating Patio Over Tree Roots?
You can build a floating patio over tree roots to enhance your property’s aesthetic appeal and practicality. Floating decks are typically built above the ground and not anchored to any permanent structure, making it convenient to move if the route grows extensively.
Thus It is an excellent option if you have tree roots that would be disturbed by a traditional patio design. But just like any structure, building a floating patio over hearts has a few advantages and disadvantages.
3 Advantages of a Floating Patio Over Tree Roots
Building A Floating Patio Over the Root Prevents Potential Damage To Existing Landscape Ornaments.
If you are worried about tree roots damaging your existing deck or patio if they grow underneath it, you should consider building a floating patio above the ground to avoid this potential problem.
Building A Floating Patio Over Roots Keeps The Tree Healthy
If there is any particular tree that is likely to be damaged if you build a patio over it, you should consider making a floating one. When you create a deck over tree roots, you also risk harming that particular tree by cutting off its access to water and nutrients.
This can cause your favorite tree to die and other trees to get affected, which is not ideal and a worrisome time if you’re trying to create an outdoor living space surrounded by trees. Therefore, building a floating patio will allow you to keep the tree roots intact and ensure that your tree remains healthy.
You Can Easily Move Your Patio In Case Root Growth Start Problems.
Since A floating patio is not usually attached to the ground, you can quickly move it when necessary. This can be a huge time saver and gives you an advantage over saving your patio if the tree roots start to grow and cause problems.
With a floating patio, you need to move it to a different spot rather than removing the tree or rebuilding the entire deck again, which you never want.
Building a floating patio over tree roots is worth your time and money if you want to create an outdoor space surrounded by trees. Interestingly, a floating deck is an excellent choice for anyone looking to enjoy the outdoor beauty in their comfort and style while avoiding root damage and keeping the trees healthy.
How To Install a Floating Patio Over Tree Roots: 7 Easy To Follow Steps
If you want to use an outdoor space while preserving your landscape tree’s health at its best, building a floating patio over tree roots is what you need right now. But before you get started, it’s essential to understand the steps involved and the considerations you’ll need to make along the way. Below I am giving you seven easy to steps for installing a floating.
- Firstly, I recommend preparing the site and measuring the tree roots. It would be best if you considered removing any debris or obstacles that might get in the way.
- Then, consider measuring the tree roots to get an idea of the size & shape of the space you’re working with.
- Now you must choose the suitable material to build a floating patio. Since there are many different materials you can choose from, I recommend you consider factors like the fabric weight and the overall look & feel you’re going for. Also, you need to consider the cost/budget when making your decision and build a floating patio made of concrete, wood, or plastic.
- Once you’ve chosen the suitable material, you’ll need to create a sturdy foundation for the floating patio.
- I recommend you lay down a layer of crushed stone or gravel that provides a level base. After laying down a sturdy foundation, you can install the floating patio.
- After that, you must lay down the patio material and secure it with screws or other fasteners.
- Finally, it would be best if you considered adding some finishing touches to the patio to make it look and feel excellent & complete. Therefore you can consider adding a railing, installing some outdoor furniture, or adding some landscaping elements to the patio area.
Overall, building a floating patio over tree roots can be a great way to create a lively and beautiful outdoor space. Considering all the factors involved would be best to ensure the best possible result. Always make sure to take your time out to build a floating ratio over tree roots by following all the steps carefully that are mentioned above.
7 Tips For Maintenance of a Floating Patio Over Tree Roots
Like any other outdoor structure, you will also need to pay attention to the proper maintenance of the patio built over the tree roots to keep it looking great and functioning well for years to come. Below I am mentioning a few tips to help you take care of your floating patio and keep it in top condition.
- The first and most crucial step you need to take to maintain your floating patio is to keep it clean. It is not uncommon to notice Dirt, leaves, and debris accumulated on the surface, causing it to look dull and dirty.
If you consider regular cleaning, it will significantly help you prevent this buildup and keep the patio looking its best. When cleaning the A ratio, I recommend you use a mild soap solution and a soft-bristled brush to clean the surface.
Ensure you are not using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals that can damage the patio’s surface.
- Also, be mindful of how much water you use when cleaning the patio. Too much water can cause the surface to become slippery and increase the risk of accidents.
- Being a responsible homeowner and landscape, you should periodically inspect your floating patio for any cracks, chips, or other signs of damage.
If you notice any damage, address it as soon as it is found to prevent it from spreading or becoming more serious. It is easy to repair tiny cracks and chips yourself. However, if you cannot fix any more extensive damage, I recommend you call a professional.
- I don’t need to tell you that a floating patio over tree roots can be susceptible to water damage. Therefore I highly recommend you to pay attention to water management effectively.
Keeping the patio slopes away from the tree roots is highly recommended to prevent water from pooling on the surface.
- Over time, the weight of your patio and regular usage can cause its foundation to become unstable. Therefore I recommend you regularly inspect the foundation and reinforce it as needed can help to prevent this from happening.
- You can reinforce the foundation by adding more support posts, adjusting the ab post’s height, or installing additional beams to prevent it from becoming unstable.
- Lastly, applying a suitable quality sealant to the patio surface is always advised to protect it from the outdoor elements and prevent water damage.
I recommend you choose an adhesive specially designed for floating patios and apply it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Note: If you follow all these simple steps mentioned above, you can keep your floating patio looking great and functioning well for years. Following your proper cleaning and maintenance schedule, you can feel confident that your deck is in top condition and ready for anything.
I tried to give you all the information required to learn and build a floating patio over tree roots. Building a deck over tree roots can be an excellent option for creating a beautiful outdoor living space where you can relax and entertain.
As I told you in this article, there are many benefits to building a floating patio over tree roots, like increased stability and keeping the & sources safe while enjoying the outdoor beauty.
You should know that building a floating patio requires some preparation, like measuring the tree roots, selecting suitable material, creating a foundation, and installing the deck.
Ensure you also pay attention to your floating patio’s care, cleanliness, and maintenance to keep it in good condition. After reading this article, I hope you can successfully build a floating ratio over roots.
If you have questions regarding this article, never mind leave a comment below to let us know. I tried to give you all the information you need on this topic. If you find this article helpful, then consider sharing it.
Your share will help many people learn about the benefits of building a floating ratio over tree roots. Do check our other helpful articles. See you in the next post. Till then, take care and goodbye.